* The below fixtures are proposed and subject to change *
Fixtures for the 2019-2020 Kent Fitness League season are now on the site at https://kfl.canterburyharriers.org/ with the first race being at Knole Park, Sevenoaks on 3rd November.
Please note that Shorne Woods Country Park will replace Nurstead Court as the venue is no longer available but the race will still be organised by Gravesend RR.
There has been some doubt over Betteshanger Country Park as it was up for sale, so this season will consist of six races with the best five to count. It is hoped that, once the new owners are in place, Betteshanger can return next season.
All the above is subject to confirmation at the pre-season meeting for the team managers on 22nd September.
- Match 1 2019-11-03 Knole Park, Sevenoaks
- Match 2 2019-11-10 Swanley Park, New Barn Road, Swanley
- Match 3 2019-12-01 Oxleas Wood, Eltham
- Match 4 2020-01-05 Shorne Woods Country Park, Gravesend
- Match 5 2020-01-12 Minnis Bay, Birchington
- Match 6 2020-02-09 Blean Woods, Rough Common, Canterbury
For race location directions, full results, reports and the latest standings please visit the Kent Fitness League page at the Canterbury Harriers website.
This is a cross country league which consists of a series of cross country races for non elite athletes
(sub 34 minutes 10k for men or sub 38 minutes 10k for women athletes should not be racing)
Maidstone Harriers are one of 18 Kent based running clubs that participate in this League
There are normally about 6 or 7 races staged over Kent between October and March.
The races start at 11am on a Sunday morning.
You enter on the day with a race fee of £2.
The Maidstone Harriers team manager is David Hattersley. David organises the entries on the day and takes the £2 race fee.
If you wish to participate in any of these races you need to do the following:
1. Arrive an hour before the race start
2. Check-in with David Hattersely about an hour before the start and pay your fee.
3. Wear your club colours
4. There are no race numbers
The KFL website is excellent and contains a lot of useful information. (The link is above)